Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Peach Pork with Mushroom Risotto


I went to a vocational school before attending Sullivan University for Culinary Arts and Hotel/Restaurant Management. The reason I state this is because I had plans with a friend to go eat at the restaurant, that is run by the students of the Culinary Arts program, this afternoon. Well, to say the least, I hyped my self up for the Tangy Pork and Peaches (sautéed pork tenderloin served over rice pilaf with sweet cinnamon peach sauce) that they serve and ended up not getting a chance to go. So, Jaime and I have decided that we are going to put in our reservation and go next week! Yay!! Plus, on top of the Pork, they serve things like Salmon, and Filet Mignon, you can also order salads and sandwiches. If the food had not caught my eye (I am what people would call a foodie), I would be seeing my old Chefs. The ones that had pushed and pushed and pushed and helped me excel at something I love.
I'm not saying I am anywhere near Hell's Kitchen status, but I do know my temps, conversions, and sanitation. I sometimes wish that I could be on Hell's Kitchen though just because I would love to work with Gordon Ramsey.
Anyways, the things that I have learned inside the kitchens and halls of that school out number the things I actually learned in school and I am ok with that. Yet, I went to Sullivan (I still have to finish) and was being taught the exact same thing the JVS taught me, and I excelled, even loved every minute. I ended up switching to Hotel/Restaurant Management half way through my culinary degree, instead of getting a dual degree, since it would have been harder on my work schedule and the semi-social life I still had. The only problem I had with Sullivan was that I enjoyed my summers off (even if I had been working all summer), but it goes year round, so that you can get a Associate's in 12 semesters (about 2 years).
But being the foodie I am I must quit rambling about school and talk about food! Let's see my favorite menu...

App- Either a salad with Raspberry Vinagrette or Broccoli and Cheese Soup
Entree- Stuffed Pork Chops (Stuffed with Macintosh apples [from MI] and bread stuffing), homemade chunky mashed potatos, and brussell sprouts
Dessert- Tiramisu- its a coffee cake and it is so delicious. Ladyfingers, Marscapone cheese, Expresso coffee...

If you can make that, I will marry you in a heartbeat without thinking, but it has to be all homemade. :) If you would like any of my recipes either send me a message or an email. I would be more than willing to help your taste buds dazzle with magnificence! I would love to invite y'all over for dinner too but that would have to be after Patrick oks it and tastes tests EVERYTHING! :) I love the kitchen, it's like my safe haven when the world seems to be getting in, through tthe screen door and my imagination is in overdrive. So, please come join the festivities and join me in a sensations of the tastebuds.

5 kick ass kitchen songs:
Chicken Fried- Zac Brown Band
Transylvanian Concubine- Rasputina
White Lines- Grandmaster Flash
Monkey Wrench- Foo Fighters
and...
Shut Me Up- Mindless Self Indulgence

No comments:

Post a Comment